Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

'It is a pleasure and pride to play with Lionel Messi' Sergio Arguero reveals


Lionel Messi was among the first to congratulate Sergio Aguero on his move to Barcelona, and the former Manchester City striker hopes his Argentina teammate will stay so they can form a new partnership.

Messi and Aguero have been friends for a long time and have shared an international dressing room for several years, but this will be the first time they will be on the same club team.

Speculation about Messi's future seems to be an annual occurrence, but Aguero believes they will have plenty of time together at the Nou Camp.



"I talk to Leo every day, and he sent me a message of congratulations." "It will be much easier now that I will have him every day," he said at a press conference.

"What happens with Leo is up to the club, but it's a pleasure and a privilege to play with him."

"If he continues, which I believe he will, I will do everything he has always done."

Aguero, who turns 33 on Wednesday, has agreed to terms with Barcelona on a two-year contract with a buy-out clause of 100 million euros (just over £86 million).

When he found out he was leaving City, he said there was only one club he wanted to join. 



"I didn't even take a moment. I didn't want anyone else talking to me, just Barca "He stated.

"When we won the Premier League, (Pep) Guardiola told me, 'You're going to the best team in the world.'

"Since I was a child – and now that Leo is here – this has been the greatest team for me.

"I used to tell myself as a kid that one day they'd notice me, and now here I am.

"I will contribute to the team's victory and greatness. Except for last season, I've had nine very good years at City, and above all, I've been able to help the team achieve significant things. 

Guardiola told me 'You're going to the best team in the world'

"Last year, I couldn't perform to my full potential due to my knee, and I couldn't do so after Covid, but I felt better later on, and my knee is now perfect. Now all we have to do is show it here."

Aguero also stated that he had not spoken with coach Ronald Koeman, whom Barcelona president Joan Laporta stated had been informed by the board that the Argentina striker was wanted.

Koeman's future is still up in the air after the club finished third in LaLiga, trailing both Madrid teams and winning only the Copa del Rey. 

"Kun was signed because he is exceptional. We want Kun at Barcelona, and we also want Leo, and this is just one of the next signings for this club."

Laporta was less enthusiastic about Koeman's future.

"I've already said to Ronald that we've begun a period of reflection," he added.

"He's a coach with a contract who needs to be respected. We'll see how things go, but things are going very well so far."

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu